The world of sports and especially that of sports betting comes around the corner with a lot of technical terms. Especially with some betting systems (see betting exchanges) it is important that these terms are precisely defined and clarified.
International betting providers often use the English language and terms that have been used for decades. In this glossary you can find definitions and technical terms so that you are on the safe side.
Sports betting lexicon: Definitions and technical terms in the ABC of betting
N | || 395
Si - Sp
St - Sy
There are many technical terms in sports betting. Since hardly anyone knows them all, we give explanations here. If you are missing a term, are missing a term to complete the glossary or if you have a question, please write to us at [email protected]
In addition to this betting ABC we have also summarized a overview and explanations of all types of bets, betting options and betting systems for you.
- 0: 0 or X: Tie.
- 1: Victory of the home team or the first listed team or player.
- 2 : Victory of the away team or the team or player listed in second place.
- 2-way bet: Bet with 2 possible outcomes (e.g. in tennis - win Federer or win Nadal, there is no tie)
- 3-way bet: Bet with 3 possible outcomes (e.g. in football - win Bayern, draw or win Schalke).
- Protection: Basically, every sports betting fan dreams of more security in betting. The term cash out is often used as part of a hedge. Should you z. If, for example, you have bet on the underdog in a soccer game and he takes the lead, you often have the chance to get out of the duel. In this case, you are betting on a draw and victory for the favorite. So in the end, no matter how the match between the two opponents ends, you will receive a profit. This is of course much lower than if you let the bet run through to the end. Often all you have to do is press a cash out button to hedge and the hedge is automatically activated. Depending on the current state of the game, more or less profit jumps out at the end. However, with the help of the protection it is also possible for you to minimize any losses that may occur. Should you z. B have bet on a favorite in a duel and this is behind, you can get out and use the protection. In this case you will certainly suffer a loss, but this will be much less than if you let your bet run through to the end.
- Battery bet: A battery bet , is also known as an accumulator. Basically, this is a slightly modified form of the combination bet. The main difference compared to the normal combination bet is that a battery bet has a minimum number of single bets. The number of individual bets that ultimately result in the battery bet is determined by the betting provider. In most cases, a battery bet consists of at least three or four combined bets. As already mentioned, the minimum number is determined by the betting provider and can usually be found after the bet. (Example +3 or +4).
- Ante post bet: English term for long-term bets (e.g. bet on champions 1. Bundesliga or English Premier League).
- Arbitrage: Arbitrage acts as another name for surebet or surewin. You will always receive a profit here. In this case, it does not matter how the event you selected will turn out. The arbitrage aims at the different opinions of the betting providers. Thus, you bet on the different results of a game with several sports betting providers. On the basis of the fluctuations in odds, you will definitely make a profit in this way, no matter how the match will end in the end. Since the winnings are usually very low, the stakes are higher.
- Asian Handicap: In contrast to the normal handicap, a team does not have a whole goal fictitious lead, but a quarter goal, half a goal or three quarters goal.
Das sieht zwar nicht sehr sinnvoll aus (jedes Team, das ein anderes mit einem halben Tor Vorsprung schlägt, gewinnt auch gegen eines mit einem Viertel-Tor Vorsprung, aber lassen Sie uns das genauer erklären. Wie bei der normalen Handicapwette erhält der Außenseiter einen (fiktiven) Vorsprung, der am Ende dem Spielergebnis zugerechnet wird.
With the whole AHC (0: 0 handicap) the bet counts as a tie even after a tie, i.e. you get your stake back.
With half AHC (+0.5) half a goal is added to the result, so there is no tie.
With quarter AHCs, the stakes are split. Half the stake is actually possible on a whole AHC (0: 0) bet, the second half is actually on half an AHC (+0, 5) bet. If the favorite wins - you have won the entire bet. In the event of a tie, you get at least half the stake back.
Three-quarters AHCs work in principle like the quarter AHCs, only the stake is halved to half an AHC bet and a +1 handicap bet.
- Auszahlungsquote: Payout rate is also known as the payout key or the quota key. This is the value that the bookmaker ultimately pays out to the players. The rest reflects the margin of the sports betting provider. Should you z. If, for example, there are two odds of 1.95 and 1.95 in tennis, then 95 euros are paid out of 100 euros. The online betting provider keeps the remaining five euros as a margin.
- Back: Term from dealing with betting exchanges such as Betfair. Bet on the occurrence of a certain event (e.g. victory of a team)
Here more information about Back and lay bets at betting exchanges.
- Bank: A supposedly very safe bet
- Bet: English for "bet". In the discussion, "No Bet" describes a game that it is better not to bet on, as the outcome is completely open.
- Bookie: Bookmaker, betting office; the company that offers bets at fixed odds.
- Bookmaker: company that offers bets at fixed odds. We recommend the best bookmakers
- Bookmaker margin: The profit margin, or the bookmaker's profit, which is included in the betting odds. You can calculate from the odds how much profit a bookmaker intends to make. E.g. in the case of a 2-way bet (e.g. tennis), a win rate of 1.95 is offered for two players of equal value (e.g. Federer and Nadal) for both. 1 / 1.95 = 0.5128 (Federer) + 0.5128 (Nadal) = 1.02564 -> 1 / 1.02564 = 0.975 = 97.5%. This means that there is a very low bookmaker's margin of 2.5% in these odds. If only 1.80 is offered for both players, that means a margin of 10%.
- Cash-Back: Money back guarantee; E.g. 20% cash back on your first lost bet -> if you lose your bet with a stake of 100 EUR, you will get 20 EUR back.
- Double: Double bet, two-in-one bet; Combination bet from two games, both have to be guessed correctly for the bettor to win.
- Double chance: With this type of bet, you can cover two game outcomes in one bet. For example, you bet on 1 and X and thus have a higher chance of winning the bet. However, the odds are usually quite low here.
- Draw No Bet: Bet on the victory of a team, whereby in the event of a tie the bet is not completely lost, but the stake is refunded will. Can also be referred to as AHC 0 (Asian Handicap 0). The win rate is logically lower, but you have more security.
- Three-way bet: Bet with three possible outcomes (e.g. in football - win Bayern, draw or Sieg Schalke)
- Dutching: means the mathematical method of distributing your stakes over several outcomes of a bet in such a way that the profit is the same, regardless of which of the outcomes ultimately wins. In a soccer game, for example, the odds are: win Schalke 1.80, draw 3.30 - 100 euros stake I now allocate 65.38 euros to win Schalke and 34.62 euros to draws. If the game ends with a Schalke win or a draw, I'll definitely win 17.69 euros. This example could also be replaced by a double chance bet. Dutching is used more frequently at Betfair Trading (betting exchange) when the odds have changed during the game (e.g. due to a goal) so that I now want to get out of the bet with a sure win and therefore place a corresponding further bet.
- Deposit bonus: If you deposit money into your betting account at the bookmaker, you will in some cases receive a deposit bonus; For example, you deposit 100 EUR and get a deposit bonus of 20%, i.e. 20 EUR.
- Single bet: With a single bet, you only bet on one event. You can bet on winning a sporting event (winner of a race or game) with tip 1 (home win), tip X (or 0) (draw) or tip 2 (away win). The profit results from the stake placed multiplied by the odds. Example: You bet on a home win at Bayern - Bremen, so tip 1. With odds of 1.5 and a stake of 10 EUR, your profit is 15 EUR.
- Event bet:Der Begriff Ereigniswette lässt sich am besten auf die Sportart Fußball reflektieren. So könnte es sich zum Beispiel hierbei um eine Wette handelt, die Sie auf ein bestimmtes Szenario, das in einem Fußball Spiel auftreten wird, platzieren. Als Beispiel fungiert ein Eckball oder ein Freistoß bzw. eine gelbe oder rote Karte. Sie können Ereigniswetten sowohl im Pre Play als auch im Livewetten Bereich abschließen. Im Livewetten Bereich können Sie die Begegnung oftmals in Echtzeit nachvollziehen und haben somit die Möglichkeit anhand der aktuellen Spielgeschehnisse auf Ihre nächste Ereigniswette zu schließen. Die zahlreichen online Wettanbieter bieten Ihnen eine große Auswahl von Ereigniswetten.Man differenziert zwischen Ereignis- und Ergebniswetten. Bei einer Ergebniswette platzieren Sie eine Sportwette auf das End-Resultat eines Sportevents. Hierbei können Sie z. B. im Fußball auf einen Heimsieg eines Teams tippen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Definition zur Ergebniswette.
- Result bet: With this type of bet, you bet on the exact result (e.g. 2: 0) of the game. This bet requires a lot of risk, which is rewarded by the fact that the odds are correspondingly high.
- First goalscorer: A bet on the first goalscorer within an encounter. The strikers and defensive players usually have a lower quota than defenders or even the goalkeepers. The odds of the players of the favored team are again slightly lower than those of the outsider. Michael Ballack will have a lower odds (e.g. 3.20) than e.g. Butt (13.40).
- Fair odds: A betting odds is called “fair odds” in sports betting theory if it corresponds exactly to the probability. If the probability of a win is exactly 50%, the fair odds would be 1/50%, i.e. 1 / 0.5 = 2.0
- Fantasy bet: This means betting on results that actually don't exist. E.g. on a league weekend the match between Chelsea and Cologne. Both clubs play in their own leagues against a league competitor. The goals scored by Chelsea and Cologne are then used as a basis, as if the clubs had not played against a league competitor, but against each other. So indirectly you bet on which of these two clubs will score more goals in the respective league game. This is a very popular form of betting that is offered during the summer and winter breaks when the top clubs prepare for future events in friendly matches.
- Financial bets: You place a financial bet as part of a financial bet a sports bet on a specific event or on the value of a piece of paper on a specific date or time. You are betting that the price of a security or an index will be below or above a certain price when the market closes. However, you do not take part in stock market trading with the bet you have made. Financial betting is an ascending branch that many betting providers offer you. In the meantime, however, there are also a large number of providers who only specialize in making financial bets.
- Free Bet: You get money from the betting company to place and get it the stake is not deducted from your betting account. If you win, you will of course receive all of the winnings in your betting account.
- Games of chance: Games of chance are games whose course or Result mainly and for the most part is random. Sports betting is therefore not directly a game of chance, as it is not directly dependent on chance. Because whether a team wins is not just a matter of chance. Should z. If, for example, FC Bayern Munich meet an amateur team, it is clear even before the match kicks off that the Kenya record champions can win this duel in most cases. After all, it is not a coin toss where the ultimate result of heads or tails is random, but this definition does not seem to apply entirely to sports betting. Even if it is sometimes more than obvious that chance in sports betting has no influence on the outcome of the game, sports betting is defined as a game of chance according to the State Treaty on Gambling. It has been proven that there are players who make long-term profits in the sports betting industry or even earn their living in this industry. So it cannot be a pure game of chance. Nevertheless, the luck component naturally also plays a role when placing a bet.
- Greyhounds: Greyhound or greyhound races are very popular in England and are also offered in continental Europe. Why do the greyhounds finish so quickly? The dummy of a delicious rabbit is pulled up in front of you.
- Half-time / final bet: You bet which team will take the lead and ultimately win the game. You can bet on team 1, team 2 or X (undecided). The possible variants are always separated with a '/ ‘. The symbol on the left is for the half-time result, the symbol on the right for the final result.
- Handicap bet: With this type of bet, a team gets one or more goals ahead, which at the end of the Match can be added to the regular result. The decisive factor is therefore not the official result, but the result plus the specified goals. This type of bet can be particularly interesting when a team is considered to be much stronger. The handicap balances out the stronger and weaker teams and thus makes it possible to get better prizes on a normally clear favorite or to increase the chances of winning a normally weaker candidate. Example: In the Dortmund - 1860 game, the handicap is 0: 1. This means that 1860 enters the game with one goal ahead. Your bet on a tie will only win if the game ends with 1-0 or any other 1-goal advantage for Dortmund. A bet on Sieg 1860 wins if the game actually ends in a draw.
- Head-to-Head: Bet on horse races, Formula 1 or ski races where you bet on it which of the two starters will land further ahead. The term Head-2-Head or H2H is also used for comparative statistics between two teams or players.
- Highroller: Weather that plays with very high stakes.
J || | 639
- Juice: American term for the bookmaker's margin, which is factored into the odds. " No Juice" - Bets mean that no bookmaker's profit is included in the odds, such bets are offered by betting providers for promotional purposes.
- Kelly System: This system is a unit system. This functions as a very popular money management system in the sports betting area. The basic idea of this system aims to maximize the profits and on the other hand to minimize the risk to be borne. As with any other system, a thorough analysis of the encounters is essential with the Kelly system. Based on the analysis, a rate for the occurrence of a certain event is determined. This is then compared with the odds made available by the betting provider. The main task is to find the betting odds that are set too high by the sports betting provider. If that is the case, one speaks of a value bet.
Basically, the bet is determined by the following formula: Bet = total betting capital * advantage / (odds -1)
The advantage is defined as follows:
ADVANTAGE = LIKELIHOOD * QUOTE - 1 Finally, we want to run through the whole thing briefly using an example. In the duel between Dortmund and Schalke you will be offered a betting odds of 1.70 on the Dortmund win. The probability of a Dortmund victory is 58 percent (1 / odds = 1 / 1.70 = 0.58). After evaluating your own statistics, however, you come to the conclusion that the Dortmund team has a 65 percent chance of winning. A 65 percent probability of winning can be expressed by a betting odds of 1.54 (1 / assumed probability * 100 = 1/65 * 100 = 1.54). With a betting capital of 200 euros, the betting stake can be calculated using the Kelly formula as follows:
- betting stake = total betting capital * advantage / (odds - 1)
- betting = total betting capital * (Probability * odds -1) / (odds - 1)
- bet = 200 euros * (0.65 * 1.70 - 1 / (1.70 - 1)
– Wetteinsatz = 200 Euro * 0,105 / 0,70
- Bet stake = 30 euros
So you have determined your bet using the Kelly formula or the Kelly system. How high this will ultimately turn out is always based on the difference that results between the betting odds specified by the bookmaker and the self-determined betting odds.
- Combination bet: With the combination bet ( also battery bet) several different games or betting events (also different sports) are combined into one bet. A combination bet can increase the profit considerably, but it also carries a higher risk, since all games in a series of predictions must be correctly predicted. In the event of a mistake, the stake is lost. You calculate your winnings by multiplying the odds of the selected games by your stake. Example: 10 EUR on Siege Milan 1.7; Bavaria 1.5; Paris SG 1.8; Man Utd. 1.3 The total quota is as follows: EUR 10 x 1.7 x 1.5 x 1.8 x 1.3. If all games end as predicted you will win a profit of 59.67 EUR.
- Long-term bet: A long-term bet is a bet that is not made within one day a decision is made: bets on the championship title, Champions League victory, top scorer, Wimbledon winner etc. The beginning of the respective event has been completed. This means that this sports bet is only placed at the last minute. Last minute bets are often favored by fluctuations in odds. With some online betting providers, the betting odds are subject to an increase shortly before the start of the game. So it can sometimes be more lucrative to place last-minute bets. However, this varies from bookmaker to bookmaker.
- Last Minute Wette: Eine Last Minute Wette verkörpert eine Wette, die erst unmittelbar vor dem Beginn des jeweiligen Events abgeschlossen wurde. Somit wird diese Sportwette erst in letzter Minute platziert. Last Minute Wetten sind oftmals durch Quotenschwankungen begünstigt. Bei manchen online Wettanbietern unterliegt die Wettquote kurz vor dem Beginn des Spiels einem Anstieg. Somit kann es zum Teil lukrativer sein Last Minute Wetten abzuschließen. Dies variiert aber von Wettanbieter zu Wettanbieter.
- Lay: Term from dealing with betting exchanges such as Betfair. Bet against the occurrence of a certain event (e.g. victory of a team). If you bet Lay Bayern, it doesn't mean you think Bayern will win. In other words, you slip into the role of the bookmaker with a lay bet and offer a bet on Bavaria. (Here more information about Back and Lay bets at betting exchanges).
- Livestream: The correct name or translation for the term live stream means real-time transmission. Here z. B. Sports events offered by betting providers that you can see in real time on your PC, smartphone or tablet. Thus, you can use videos to get an idea of the current events of the respective encounter and to draw conclusions about your next live bet. Live streams on other platforms often have a slight delay of a few seconds. This could already be problematic when concluding a live bet. Meanwhile, many online betting providers offer you the opportunity to follow live streams. You only have to make sure that you have a betting account with the sports betting provider of your choice and that you have often placed a sports bet with them Tippfreund possible to receive almost real-time reporting on an event. This reporting plays a very important role, especially in the sports betting area. Almost all betting providers now offer you the option of using a live ticker. Using the live ticker, players can find out about the latest happenings at a sporting event. This shows statistical data on the course of the game. This can be, for. B. the number of goals, corners or free kicks as well as red or yellow cards. You can use this data to conclude your next live bet. You are no longer forced to watch the entire game on TV at home. With the mobile versions of the sports betting providers, you can call up the live ticker with your smartphone at any time and are therefore always up to date.
- Liveticker: Anhand eines Livetickers ist es Ihnen als Tippfreund möglich eine nahezu in Echtzeit erfolgende Berichterstattung zu einem Event zu erhalten. Gerade im Sportwetten Bereich spielt diese Berichterstattung eine sehr wichtige Rolle. Mittlerweile bieten Ihnen fast alle Wettanbieter die Möglichkeit auf einen Liveticker zurückzugreifen. Anhand des Livetickers können sich Spieler über die aktuellen Geschehnisse eines Sportevents informieren. So werden in diesem statistische Daten zum Spielverlauf aufgezeigt. Hierbei kann es sich z. B. um die Anzahl der Tore, Eckbälle oder Freistöße sowie roten bzw. gelben Karten handeln. Anhand von diesen Daten können Sie auf Ihre nächste Livewette schließen. Sie sind somit nicht mehr gezwungen, das gesamte Spiel am heimischen TV zu betrachten. Mit den mobilen Versionen der Sportwetten Anbieter können Sie an jedem Ort zu jeder Zeit mit Ihrem Smartphone den Liveticker aufrufen und sind somit immer auf den neusten Stand der Dinge.
- Live betting: Live betting ( TV betting) are offered for special sporting events with TV broadcasts. These are single bets, but with the difference that the odds are constantly changed during the game and you can therefore place bets almost until the end of the match. In addition, unusual bets are offered: Who has the challenge? (pure game of chance) Who will score the next goal? What is the status at halftime? etc. In our opinion, Bwin.
- Livescore: Overview of the current scores from one or more leagues. The betting base offers such a live score service under the menu item "Livescore", which always provides you with up-to-date information on all intermediate results.
- Martingale system: The Martingale system embodies a progression of loss. As part of the sports betting conclusion, one tries to compensate for losses suffered with this system. The betting strategy has its origin in the casino area. There it is mainly used in roulette. In the meantime, however, there are also many tipsters who use the Martingale system in sports betting. The system is very quickly internalized and always follows the same principle. After each loss of a sports bet, the following stakes are doubled. In this way, with a correct tip, you can equalize any losses previously suffered. In addition, you will even make a profit. Basically, this system works best with a 50 percent chance of winning. The betting odds must therefore be 2.00. You can certainly adjust the stakes accordingly with lower betting odds. Please take into account, however, that the volume used will then increase even faster. In order to be able to play the Martingale system at all, you must have a very high share capital in your betting account. We would like to briefly introduce the system to you using an example. Assume that you are placing your first bet with a stake of EUR/USD 10. This is lost. Since you should only play betting odds of / from 2.00, you must accordingly play the second bet with a stake of 20 euros. Should this win, you have offset the 10 euros loss from the first bet and also made a profit of 10 euros. That may sound very good at first glance. Please note, however, that on the third stage (if the second bet is also lost) you have to bet 40 euros. The fourth stage entails a bet of 80 euros. If you lose nine bets in a row, you must already bet 2560 euros to make a profit of 10 euros or to compensate for the losses previously suffered. For this reason it can be stated that the use volume of the Martingale system shoots up very quickly. The risk of loss increases rapidly. After all, you only play bets with odds of 2.00. After a few unsuccessful bets, the stakes are disproportionate to the possible profit. [Editor's note: We are against progression strategies, as these involve a relatively high risk of total loss. Please be very careful with such strategies!]
- Money Line bets: American term for single bets.
- Moneybookers: very Practical payment method - you can use bank transfer (or credit card) to deposit money into your Moneybookers account and use it to make deposits at betting shops or receive withdrawals. You then do not have to pass on credit card details to the payee - therefore much safer. Here more Information about Moneybookers.
- Money Management: Money Management plays a very important role in sports betting and only describes the money management on your betting account. This can also involve distributing the credit across multiple accounts. Furthermore, the determination of the stake size of each bet is part of money management. Successful sports betting requires good money management.
- Oddset: An oddset bet is a sports bet based on fixed (set ) Betting odds are provided for the betting friend. At the same time, Oddset embodies the brand name of a Lotto sports bet in Kenya.
- Outright bet: An outright bet only describes the English term for a long-term bet. As the name suggests, these are sports bets that are concluded over a longer period of time. This period can extend over an entire season or an entire competition. Very popular long-term bets also called "Ante Post Bets" or "Outrights" are:
- Who will be top scorer?
- Who will win the championship?
- Promoted / relegated?
- Over: A type of bet that has been gaining popularity recently. The number of goals per match is important here. If more than 2.5 goals (e.g. 3: 0, 2: 1) are scored, one speaks of over, while fewer than 2.5 goals (e.g. 0: 0, 0: 1, 2: 0) are referred to as under. Example: Game under over Hertha - HSV 1.7 1.9. If you bet 10 EUR on over, you get 19 EUR with a 2: 1 result.
- Pick: English for betting tip. || | 725
- Platzwette: In races (e.g. horse, ski or Formula 1 races), in addition to the win bet, you can also bet that the horse or driver will be in places 1, 2 or 3 lands.
- Progression or profit progression / loss progression: Progression has its origin in the casino area. This was often used in roulette. Here z. B. bet on black until finally black has fallen. You start with the lowest possible stake in order to have a lot of play upwards. In the meantime, progression is also often used in sports betting. In general, a distinction is made between several different types of progression. Basically, it is important to distinguish between loss and profit progression. With the loss progression, the betting stakes are adjusted accordingly in the event of a loss. In this way one would like to compensate for the losses previously suffered. With the loss progression, however, the stakes quickly increase immeasurably. After all, as a player, you have to make up for the losses you suffered before. The profit progression reflects the exact opposite of the loss progression. The stakes are only increased in the event of a win. Thus, in the profit progression, high profits can be achieved by taking advantage of successful bets. You act primarily with the money from the betting company. You have achieved this through your previously won bets. If, on the other hand, you lose a bet, only the basic stake is lost. This significantly minimizes the likelihood of a total loss. The loss progression includes B. the following systems: D’Alambert, Martingale, Super Martingale and Fibonacci. The profit progression is also known as Paroli. [Editor's note: We are against progression strategies, as these harbor a relatively high risk of total loss. Please be very careful with such strategies!]
- Punter: English for sports bettors, gamblers, gamblers.
- Quota : Odds are the relative profit that can be achieved with a winning bet. The bookmaker tries to estimate the probability of a betting event (e.g. Schalke versus Leverkusen) and expresses this in a rate. The bettor knows in advance how high his winnings will be in relation to the stake. The betting odds are shown as follows: Bayern - Bremen 1.6 - 2.5 - 3.1 means a (successful) bet on victory Bavaria multiplies the stake by 1.6, a draw by 2.5, victory Bremen by 3.1 .
Here more Information about betting odds
- Odds key: In the so-called odds key, you can calculate how high a bookmaker's planned margin at an offered bet is. With a 3-way bet, you can use Formula 1 divided by (1 / odds win1 + 1 / odds draw + 1 / odds win2) * 100 to calculate the percentage at which the bookmaker pays out the stakes if the bets are ideally accepted . The value is usually 90-95%, which means that for the bookmaker, on average, between 5 and 10% of the stakes remain as a profit margin. A value of 100% would mean “fair odds”. The term payout key is also used for odds keys.
- Result bet: With this type of bet, you bet on the exact result (e.g. 2: 1) of the game . Another word for result bet.
- Rollover: Describes sales conditions for sports betting bonus offers. When you open a customer account with many betting providers, you will receive a new customer bonus. However, you then have to convert this into bets a few times (possibly at certain minimum odds) and these conditions are called rollover conditions.
- Victory bet: A bet on the victory of a team in a game, or on an individual athlete or a horse in a race.
- Skrill: new brand name from Moneybookers - very practical, fast and secure online payment method. Here more Infos about Skrill.
- Special bet: You can find special bets in every sport. Basically, it can be said that you are tailored to the respective sport. The largest selection of special bets can of course be found in the field of football. So here you can z. B. bet on the period of the next goal or on the number of goals in the coming minutes of the game. On the other hand, Formula 1 also entails special bets. Such could e.g. B. be the determination of the first driver at the pit stop. In tennis, a special bet could be characterized by predicting the number of sets played. As you can easily see, you are offered a very wide range of special bets. There are hardly any limits to the choice. The special bets also include: TV bets, political bets or social bets.
- Sports betting license: Based on the Kenyan State Treaty on Gambling, it is regulated that sports betting in Kenya may only be made available by betting providers who have the appropriate permit. Basically, betting providers are only allowed to sell their betting offer in Kenya who have a valid sports betting license in Kenya. 20 licenses have already been issued in the Kenyan region. However, a large number of large sports betting providers missed out on this and thus filed a lawsuit against the award process. So far the legal situation has been more than opaque.
- Spread bet: Spreads or spread bets are classic American bets in which teams fictitiously get a head start. A lead is added to the actual result or a backlog is deducted. Example: The L.A. Lakers compete in the Dallas Mavericks. The bookmakers give the guests a 6-point lead. The home team, on the other hand, is given a 6-point handicap. If the game ends with a 99-94 win for Dallas, you have won your bet if you bet on the Lakers (because 6 are added to the 94 points scored)!
Here are more Information about spread betting.
- Sports betting articles: Interesting articles and press releases about sports betting are available to read, e.g. under Articles about sports betting, Sports betting articles, Betting articles and under Articles and press releases.
- Stake: English for "stake" - indication of the stake of a bet. | || 784
- Supertoto: Is offered jointly by several betting providers (e.g. Expekt, Unibet, ...), you type 14 prescribed games from the weekend and, as with classic pools, get one when you reach the winning ranks Payout from the total stake pool.
- Sure bets: Sure bets or arbitrage bets are the bets made by individual betting agencies v can be assessed differently. By cleverly setting a game with different outcomes in different bookies with different stakes, it is possible to make a sure profit. Not only for surebets, but also in general it is advisable to have an account with several bookmakers in order to take advantage of different odds.
Here more Information about surebets and arbitrage bets.
- System bet: The possibility of betting several combinations of the selected teams or events on one betting slip. If, for example, you have guessed 3 teams and choose the system 2 out of 3, these are all possibilities to combine 2 of these 3 teams with each other. There are 3 possibilities, so with a single stake per bet of 10 EUR the total stake is 30 EUR. With a system bet, the risk of losing your stake is reduced because you can allow yourself to make mistakes. To what extent a system is worthwhile with which odds must be calculated yourself. Since it is a combination bet, the winnings are calculated accordingly. (see combination bets).
Here more Information about the system bet
- Goalscorer bet: The goal scorer bet is especially widespread in the sport of football . You will find this at almost every online betting provider. With some sports betting providers, you can also place the goal scorer bet in other sports where goals are scored. You bet on a player who will score at least one goal in the duel. For this reason, it is of course advisable to select very dangerous goal-scoring players. If your favorite scores a goal in the game, your bet will be considered won. There are several options within the goalscorer bet. One would be z. B. the first goalscorer in the game. In this betting market you have to predict the player who will score the first hit in the named duel. The online betting providers offer you a variety of other options in the goal betting area. These include "Who will score at least one goal?", "Who will score at least two or more goals?", Which player will score the last goal? "Or" Which player will score the most goals in the game? " The online betting providers often offer you great bonus promotions for these markets. This can be, for. B. be a cash back bonus. In this way you will experience more security in the sports betting area.
- Goal bet: You bet on the team that will score the first goal. The result bet (exact outcome of the game in goals) is sometimes referred to as a goal bet.
- Trixie: System bet consisting of three games with three double bets and one triple bet, which makes a total of four bets power.
- Under: See also Over. Bet type in which a bet is made that fewer than a certain number of goals will be scored in the game, usually 2.5 in football, ie you win if 0, 1 or 2 goals are scored.
- Underdog: | || 812 Außenseiter mit geringer Sieg-Wahrscheinlichkeit und daher hohen angebotenen Quoten.
- Unit: Units are also referred to as units and play a role in determining the stake very important role. A unit embodies a fictitious unit, the value of a unit is determined by the typist himself. The use varies between one and ten units. Ten usually acts as the maximum. Should you z. If, for example, you show 1000 euros betting capital on your bookmaker account, no more than 100 euros may be placed per bet, since 100 euros would in this case correspond to ten units.
- Entertainment bet / company bet:Bei der Unterhaltungs- bzw. Gesellschaftswette handelt es sich grundlegend nicht um eine Wette, die auf Sportereignisse angeschlossen wurde. Hierbei werden Wettmärkte zu unterschiedlichen Events aus dem sozialen Umfeld bzw. dem Alltag geboten. Somit sind Gesellschaftsthemen relevant. Oftmals sind auch politische Wettmärkte vorhanden, so kann z. B. auf die US-Präsidentschaftswahlen gewettet werden. Weiterhin sind auch Unterhaltungsshows aus dem TV, wie z. B. „Schlag den Raab“ oder der „Eurovision Song Contest“, im Wettangebot vertreten. Die Bereiche der Unterhaltungswette und der Gesellschaftswette unterliegen einem stetigen Wachstum. Die online Wettanbieter haben die Beliebtheit der verschiedenen Märkte längst erkannt und sind in der Zusammenstellung der jeweiligen Wettmöglichkeiten sehr kreativ geworden. Der Auswahl sind aus diesem Grund kaum Grenzen gesetzt.
- Value-Bet: A value bet or value is a rate that is clearly above expectation located. If, for example, one calculates with a 50% probability of an event, then actually every rate of over 2.0 is value. Very individual or when betting with statistics programs.
- Virtual bets: Virtual bets are bets on events that do not take place in reality. A virtual soccer league could serve as an example. This is where teams that have been added virtually meet each other. The direct duels do not take place in reality. The events in the respective encounters thus arise from the imagination of the online betting providers. Virtual bets are now represented in many sports. Originally the focus was on horse and dog races. But now there are also fictional soccer games, cycling and motor sport races and tennis duels on the program. The respective results in these sports are. Virtual bets are often stored with videos or live animations. Thus you can inform yourself about the respective events in the duel.
- Wager: American English for "bet".
- Betting office: Also bookmaker or bookie; the company that offers fixed odds betting.
- Betting credit: Money that you have in your betting account. Sometimes you receive free betting credits, e.g. for registration or for promotions. For more information, go to Starting balance for bets.
- Betting account: Account at a betting company into which you deposit money in order to then place bets and possibly have the money paid out again in the event of a win.
- Series of bets: Series of bets are mainly used for system bets. A system bet is basically referred to as a series of different combination bets. A betting series is therefore a combination of different sporting events. As part of a system bet, the stake is calculated individually for each betting series. If a series of bets is already correct, a profit can be expected at the end if the betting odds allow this.
- Betting tax: The new State Treaty on Gambling came into force in June 2012. Thus the betting providers were forced to pay betting tax to the Kenyan tax authorities. This amounts to five percent. First and foremost, the betting tax was passed on directly to the customer. Two models come into play here. On the one hand, the sports betting tax is calculated directly on the profit. Thus five percent will be deducted from the gross profit, and on the other hand the betting tax will be calculated directly on the bet. In this case, five percent will be deducted from the stake. However, there are also some betting providers who pay the betting tax out of their own pocket. This means that you can bet completely tax-free on these. Find out more about sports betting providers who finance the tax out of their own pocket in the betting base betting news area.
- Yankee: A system bet consisting of four games with six double, four triple and one quadruple bet, which is a total of a total of makes eleven bets.
- Two-way bet: Bet with two possible outcomes (e.g. in tennis - victory Federer or victory Nadal, there is no tie).
Did you know that bookmakers always offer great promotions where you get a bonus on the first deposit or something similar?
The best bonus offers:
The most important betting terms explained in detail :
Asian handicap bet
Half-time final bet
Highroller | || 1134
Spread bet | || 1140
Value bet | || 1146
Draw No Bet
Odds key | || 1152
Sports betting types
The system bets
Internet betting | Betting on the Internet
Sports betting software
Betting voucher (Bwin, Interwetten, Bet-at-home) - where and how?